SRR Board Meeting Minutes
Board members attending: David Freeze, Steve Clark, Wayne Crowder, Wanda Parks, Brooke Taylor, Luann Fesperman
Board members absent: Catherine Gilbert, Teri Shaw
David welcomed everyone at 5:50 pm
Brook gave the treasurer’s report. SRR has $11,818.52 on hand.
Wanda reported that the club has 3 new members and removed 23 inactive members bringing the total membership to 147.
David reported on the upcoming races:
September 16th - T’Man’s 5K - Mooresville High School at 2 pm. SRR will time this race.
September 22nd - Clean Water 5K - Grace Lutheran Church at 8:30 am. SRR will time this race.
October 6th - Breeze 5K - Landis NC at 10 am. SRR will time this race. (timing may consist of the top 3 Male and Female overall or the entire race)
October 11th - Explore the Greenway 5K at 6 pm. SRR will time this race.
October 12th - Livingstone cross country meet at Salisbury Community Park at 5 pm. SRR will time this event.
October 20th - Catawba Challenge 5K, 3 laps around campus, starting at 8:30 am. SRR will time this race in exchange for using the campus for our Winter Flight 8K.
October 27th - St. Matthew’s Church 5K at 9 am. SRR will time this race.
October 28th - Spooky Sprint 5K, 2 pm at Catawba College. SRR will time this race.
David reported that Brooke has come up with a Race Work Schedule. A calendar to keep up with workers for each race.
David reported that Amanda Lewis will be posting online results for SRR and Shannon McCoy will be our webmaster.
David reported that the Fall BRC has small group that met for the first time last week.
We discussed the Santa Run 5K, as this is the next SRR race. It will be on December 1st at 9 am. David is working with Food Lion to be the main sponsor for this race. We are looking for a race director so this will not fall on David to do.
Winter Flight 8K is coming up January 27th . We discussed reviewing the sponsorship forms for possible changes. Also, moving the post race water station up in the stands to move the finished runners away from the scorers table.
Steve showed up a copy of the new City of Salisbury Special Events Permit form. David gave us some background on the process the city went through to come up with this permit. All races in the city will have to obtain a permit.
There was some discussion on the SRR stickers and magnetics. We are still getting prices and looking at options for these.
David reported that we have had problems with our timing clocks (that give a printout of the times). We decided to purchase a new timing clock and parts to fix two of the other ones.
David had left time for Wayne to make comments on his job titles, but after eating in the IHOP freezer Wayne decided to save his comments till next meeting.
Meeting was adjourned
Next meeting is October 10th